Senior Litigation Counsel
Terry A. C. Gray is Senior Litigation Counsel at Schoeppl Law, P.A. Mr. Gray graduated with Honors from the University of Virginia’s exclusive Political Honors Program, and also served as President of the University’s Student Council and Student Body. Following graduation, Mr. Gray was awarded a Henry Luce Fellowship which he spent in Thailand in the arena of local political development.
He is a graduate of Stanford Law School where he was a member of both the Stanford Law Review and the Stanford Law & Policy Review. During law school, Mr. Gray worked for a fair housing law firm as well as the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund during the summer. After graduation, he clerked for the Hon. Thelton E. Henderson in the Northern District of California. Mr. Gray was an Associate at Wilmer Cutler & Pickering (now Wilmer Hale) in Washington, D.C., Counsel at Boies, Schiller, and Flexner where he served on a special litigation team for David Boies, and Head of the Litigation Department for Farrell & Patel. Mr. Gray served as the Director of Litigation for Farrell and Patel where he conceptualized, oversaw, and implemented the litigation strategy for shepherding more than 2,000 separate federal economic damages claims related to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill through complex procedural treatment pursuant to both class action and multi-district litigation procedures.
Mr. Gray is proficient in spoken Thai and is published author on topics ranging from fair housing issues, to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, to text-book tort liability issues.
He has substantive experience in the areas of Complex Class Actions; Mass Tort; Entertainment litigation; Various state and federal statutory matters; Partnership Disputes; Complex accounting and reporting of sophisticated multinational foreign exchange and currency related investment transactions; Federal and Blue Sky securities requirements; National and international institutional banking regulations; Antitrust litigation; Government contracts; Human and environmental toxic tort related areas; Bio-Pharmaceutical vaccine litigation; Federal Criminal law involving weapons and explosives; Civil Rights law and Affirmative Action; and Landlord-Tenant issues. Mr. Gray also has substantial experience in massive volume Electronic Discovery issues.
Terry Gray is admitted to practice in Florida and Washington D.C. He is admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Eleventh Circuit. He has won numerous awards and honors including the Distinguished Speakers’ Award, and the Gray-Carrington Award for personal integrity, achievement, leadership and humility.
Current Employment Position:
Senior Litigation Counsel
Areas of Practice:
- Appellate Practice
- Broker-Dealer Enforcement Practice
- Business Litigation and Arbitrations
- Customer Arbitrations in High Stakes Matters
- Investment Adviser Enforcement Practice
- Mediation Practice
- Receivership Litigation
- Regulatory Defense
- SEC Enforcement Practice
- Securities Litigation
- Trial Support
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- E-Discovery and Mass Volume Discovery
- The Honorable Thelton E. Henderson
- United States District Judge
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 1999- 2000
Past Employment History:
- Farrell & Patel, Miami, Florida
- Director of Litigation, 2011-2013
- Boies, Schiller, and Flexner, Armonk, New York
- Counsel, 2005-2009
- Served on Special Litigation Team for David Boies, Esq.
- Wilmer Cutler & Pickering (now Wilmer Hale), Washington, D.C.
- Associate, 2000-2005
Honors and Recognition:
- Henry Luce Fellowship following Graduation from University of Virginia, Thailand
- Distinguished Speakers’ Award
- Gray-Carrington Award for personal integrity, achievement, leadership and humility
- “De-Concentrating Poverty and Promoting Mixed-Income Communities in Public Housing: The Quality Housing and Responsibility Act of 1998,” Stanford Law & Policy Review, volume 11 (1999)